TEXT MESSAGE MARKETING QUICK START GUIDE
Getting Customers Aboard - 3 Easy Steps
1. Generally the best place to tell the customers about the VIP Text Club is right at the register before they pay. This is also the best place for a sign.
2. Here’s an easy phrase to say, “Have you joined our VIP Text Club yet?” If they say “no” then reply “If you go ahead and do this right now”, (point to the sign) “you’ll get (whatever your offer is), and you’ll get exclusive VIP specials from us from time to time!”
3. Most customers will be able to subscribe on their own. Still, have the staff opt in so they are aware of current offers and they can help customers opt in if necessary.The staff should be telling each customer to sign up for the VIP Text Club like in the above example. This will bring you far better results than relying on just the signage.
4 Things to Include in Every Text Offer
1. Identify. Subscribers need to know where the text is coming from. Start each text with your company/organization name in all CAPS followed by a colon (:)
2. Make it Special. Include something that makes the text special or identifies it as a VIP Text Club only special. (ex. Show this text and get 50% off a large pizza) (ex.Buy 1 day of Doggy Day Care and get 1 free. Show text to redeem.) (ex. Mother's Day Special. All Mom's get 15% off any item!)
3. The Offer. (ex. Show this text and get 50% off a large pizza!) (ex.Buy 1 day of Doggy Day Care and get 1 free! Show text to redeem.) (ex. Mother's Day Special. All Mom's get 15% off any item!)
4. Expiration Date. This will add urgency. Generally, it's a good practice to have the offer expire in 3 days or less.
RESTAURANT: Show this text and get a free dessert with your meal! Exp 8/15/18
A Few More Important Tips
1. Try to keep your messages short enough to create only 1 text bubble. The system will show you when you exceed the character limit.
2. Most retail locations and restaurants will see success in sending out two messages a week. Nearly all brick and mortar businesses should send messages at least once a week. Ask your your account representative if you're unsure of how often you should be sending messages.
3. Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm are usually good times to send text offers out. Generally, avoid sending messages before 9am or after 7pm.
Want text updates and ideas on how to make the most of your Text Message Marketing program? Then do this right now!